Sunday, August 10, 2008

And that's a wrap....

CHWC is officially over for the summer of 2008.

The remaining teams arrived in Orlando today and unloaded their trucks.
Now for some numbers...
10,000+ Workcampers
2000+ Residents were served
1600+ Homes were worked on
1400+ Workteams
222 Masses were held at Workcamp
87 Staff members gave of their summer to serve
56 Managers changed their communities
37 Cities were renovated
8 Workcamp teams traveled over 28,000 miles
4 Trucks were loaded to the max
1 God witnessed Love, Service, Compassion and Giving and was pleased.

We thank all those who were involved in making this summer a success, you are all in our prayers!

2 comments:

  1. You forgot to mention the countless lives changed. Nobody who was involved with CHCW came away unchanged. I will always remember my time in Prince Frederick and all the people I was blessed to meet and work with. The staff members at Prince Frederick were excellent in everyway. Popple rocks like nobody else. Father Geoff is an amazing person. St. John Vianney is a wonderful parish community. Never before have I felt the way I did in Prince Frederick. I can not wait until next year. God Bless. Peace.

    Chris Kite

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been waiting for someone to comment on the awesome camp at Piedras Negras, Mexico. Since no one has, I can not wait any longer to talk just a little about how unbelievable it was. I am an adult youth group leader and this was my 8th CHWC experience. Obviously, I am a great fan of the ministry, but this camp was so above and beyond that I really can not even find words to describe it. It was so filled with moments of grace that I am still realizing blessings, now over 2 weeks later. I have often heard it said that one can never describe a moment of grace, but if you have ever had one, you will know what I am talking about. THe staff was superb, bravo to Janeen, Berlyne, Steve, Rigo, Kyle, and Dan. Special blessings also to Sister Ursula and her hard work. They had some overhwleming challenges that they handled marvelously. My life has been forever changed, by this experience. I can not thank you enough for affording me and my daughter, Mallory, the opportunity to meet our new Mexican friends and family at the Baptist orphanage and for this whole experience. IT has truly enriched my life and now I just have the task of figuring out what God wants me to do with this. May God bless you all and CHWC!
    Nancy Davis

    ReplyDelete